We believe, and we will always believe, that there is so much more to wedding photography than just nice equipment. However, that is not to say your wedding photographer shouldn’t have nice equipment. Here is our list of professional equipment. Besides the equipment listed below, we have a variety of tripods, filters, and other accessories.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This may be out of date, as it was updated on May 2nd, 2012.
To get an idea of “must-have-equipment” for wedding photographers, check out the “What kind of equipment do you use?” section in our article titled 15 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer.
1. Our Camera Systems
Starting with camera bodies, our studio uses the most current and high-performing wedding photography camera bodies available to date, the Canon 5D Mark II. Each of our master photographers is equipped with one of the following primary and backup bodies.
2. Our Lenses
Our studio purchases only high-end professional L quality lenses in order to get the best sharpness, contrast and saturation straight from our camera. Our lenses consist of multiple:
- Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS USM Telephoto Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon 50mm F/1.2 USM Portrait
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L USM II Wide Angle Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM 1-to-1 Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
3. Our Lighting
Our studio is also equipped with full studio lighting equipment and remote triggering systems including multiple:
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash for Canon EOS Digital SLR Cameras
- PocketWizard PWP-TR 801-125 PLUS II Transceiver (Black)
- Dynalite RK5-1100 Kit, with 1-RP500 Power Pack, 1-MH2015 Fan Cooled Head / Storage Case
- Quantum Turbo C Compact Battery Power Pack.
- Lowel GL-1
4. Our Photography Accessories
- The Fishbomb Lens Filter Case
- UNDFIND One Bag
- Pelican 1510 Case
- Tiffen Circular Polarizer Filters
- Tiffen 58mm Neutral Density 0.9 Filter
- Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
- Westcott 750 Photo Basics 7.0-Foot Light Stand
- Westcott 1303 30in. Silver White Reflector
- Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Batteries
- Epson P-7000 160GB Multimedia Storage Drive, Photo Viewer and Audio-Video Player w/ 4-Inch LCD
- Drobo S 5-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800/eSATA Storage Array DRDR3A21