Wedding and Engagement Talk Throughs and Planning
What is a Wedding Talk Through?
The wedding talk through is a great opportunity for the photographer/cinematographer to develop their relationship and communication with you.
Here’s what we will cover on the call:
- Timeline and location confirmation
- Tips during each part of the day to help the day run smoothly
- Style preferences (via your Moodboard)
- Physical features, tendencies, or insecurities you want us to pay close attention to
- Questions you have for our team
Who Needs to Be On the Call?
We encourage that only the bride and groom be on the call with our photographers and cinematographers to allow them to establish a stronger relationship.
IMPORTANT: If the wedding coordinator or another wedding vendor feels the need to be on being on the call, we respectfully request that he or she be a passive listener, allowing the photographer and videographer to get through all of the topics and further develop their communication.
What do you need for the wedding talk through?
Please have the following open during your talk through:
- Your Final Timeline
- List of Family Formals
- Parking Information For the Team
How Long Is a Wedding Talk Through?
The talk through should be around 45 minutes to 75 minutes depending on the length of the timeline, the number of questions you have for us, and other factors.
Is the Wedding Talk Through Required?
Yes! While our team is very detailed, organized and in sync, the wedding talk through is that last chance to ensure there are no errors in logistics of the event, like the exact times and locations. It also ensures that everyone is on the same page in terms of style preferences and important elements and events for the wedding.
What about the engagement talk through?
The engagement talk through is similar to the wedding talk through, but a bit shorter. We focus on the following:
- Final Addresses and Meeting Locations for the Shoot
- Style Preferences (via Moodboards)
- Props, Wardrobe and Makeup Questions